Eric finally got me to sing karaoke at Little Tokyo. I broke my karaoke cherry with 4 Non-Blondes "What's Up." I went on to sing a number of ridiculous songs, including "Circle of Life" from the Lion King and "Monkey Gone to Heaven," for which I got a standing ovation.
16) Donate $100 a year to charity.
18) Read 10 books from the Bloom Canon.
4) William James The Varieties of Religious Experience
This book is, as I keep saying, one of the most meaningful and profound books I have ever read. I think it bears mentioning that my atheist professor counts it among his favorite and most influential books. It has had a strong effect on views about religion and faith, as well as human nature. I was initially surprised to see this book in the canon because, frankly, I had never heard of it before this class. However, after reading it, I feel it definitely deserves its place there.
24) Learn 1 new word a week.
Apposite- apt in the circumstances or in relation to something
Sthenic- of or having a high or excessive level of strength and energy
Aseity- refers to the property by which a being exists of and from itself, or exists as so-and-such of and from itself
Phlogiston- fictional fire-like element which was believed to be contained within combustible bodies and released during combustion
28) See all of the Mindfuck movies.
Jacob's Ladder (1990)
41) Go fishing.
I actually forgot this one was on the list. I went fishing with my friend Eddie at the end of June and we caught exactly no fish, but we did have fun getting super drunk in a boat on the river.
83) Review 20 places on Yelp! and/or Urbanspoon.
9) Cowbell (Urbanspoon)(April '11)--I forgot to include this one in my April update
10) Maple St. Patisserie (Urbanspoon)
11) Little Tokyo Small Plates and Noodle Bar (Urbanspoon)
12) Azalea Lakes Veterinary Clinic (Yelp!)