Wednesday, March 2, 2011

101 in 1001- February update

16) Donate $100 a year to charity.
*Note: By "a year," I meant the years as defined by when I started this list. So that would be July-July.
$25- Planned Parenthood

19) Read one unassigned book per month.
February '11- Terry Moore Strangers in Paradise, Vol. 1
Nancy recommended this graphic novel to me and I really really enjoyed it. It does a good job of meshing adventerous, crazy situations with genuine emotion. Nancy is bringing me Volume 2 today and I plan on devouring it.

24) Learn 1 new word a week.
Vivipary- Development of the embryo inside the body of the mother, leading to live birth. (Feb. wk. 1)
Semioclasm- "Sign breaking;" the defiling of the sacred status of signs. (from Barthes) (Feb. wk. 2)
Etiolated- Having lost vigor or substance; feeble. (Feb. wk. 3)
Verdictive- A speech act whereby a judgment is issued. (Feb. wk. 4)

88) Go to all the major Mardi Gras Parades
Krewe du Vieux

No comments:

Post a Comment