Saturday, January 1, 2011

101 in 1001- December update

10) Get straight A's
Pretty upset about this one. I got a B+ in my English class, which is kind of depressing considering how much I stressed over that bibliography, but also kind of expected, since I didn't really put my all into the midterm and final. I suppose I can't be too let down, since I got A's in my other classes and my English prof. asked me to do an independent study but it still kind of sucks.

19) Read 1 unassigned book per month.
December '10- Richard Yates Revolutionary Road
I'm actually not quite done with this one, but close. It's one of those books that is so incredibly depressing that it's hard to get through, but still so good that it's difficult to put down.

23) See 26 movies I've never seen, starting with each letter of the alphabet.
P- Pickpocket (1959)
I actually saw this at the end of November, after I'd already done my November entry.

24) Learn 1 new word a week.
Calque- a word or phrase borrowed from another language in a literally translated form.
Heteroglossia- the presence of two or more voices or expressed viewpoints in a text or other artistic work.
Apotropaic- the power to avert evil influences or bad luck.
Yuga- any of the four ages of the life of the world.
Peccant- having committed a fault or sin, offending.

50) Go to the Christmas Eve bonfires in St. James parish.
Ravi, Phillip and I went to the St James bonfires, which were beautiful. The entire levee was lit up and we spent some time sitting like kids, just watching the fireworks.




83) Review 20 places on Yelp! and/or Citysearch. Urbanspoon.
1) Oak St. Cafe (Urbanspoon)
2) Dooky Chase (Urbanspoon)
I'm changing this to Urbanspoon, because I don't really use Citysearch, but I find myself using US all the TIME. I also submitted Maple St. Patisserie to US to add, so I'll review that too when they add it.

I also started on the 200 sit ups program today :)

Full list here

No comments:

Post a Comment