Saturday, May 1, 2010

interesting

Since Facebook has decided to fuck shit up, I'm copy/pasting my profile here for safekeeping, in the inevitable event that it gets edited.


Networks: LSU Alum '08
Sex: Female
Current City: Baton Rouge, LA
Birthday: November 13, 1985
Hometown: Pride, LA
Relationship Status: In a Relationship with Ravi Davuluri
Looking For: Friendship
Political Views: Liberal
Religious Views:latent Catholicism/Literature

Likes and Interests

Activities: working, long walks, cooking, cat-wrangling, english majoring.

Interests: reading, writing, photography, poetry, vinyl (the musical kind), saying "seriously" way too much, superlatives, rarities, large amounts of pillows, english classes, boyfriend, naps.

Favorite Music: you know, most of it. Lacking the death metals.

Favorite TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother, LOST, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report

Favorite Movies: Ghost World, The Virgin Suicides, Heathers, Frida, Donnie Darko, Natural Born Killers, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, Gummo, The Breakfast Club, Girl Interrupted, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Big Fish, 28 Days Later, Napoleon Dynamite, American Beauty, Jawbreaker, Sideways, The Motorcycle Diaries, Like Water for Chocolate, Me, You and Everyone We Know, Amelie, RENT, more that I can't remember.

Favorite Books: The Discovery of Heaven, Critical Theory Since Plato, The Portable Dorothy Parker+ 20th century poetry (particularly the ladies) + a lot of short stories + some of the classics unless it's Melville or Hawthorne + the Russians + stuff you might not expect + omgwtf amount of books. My life plan is to read books for a living. Honestly though, way too many to list.

Favorite Quotations: What I fear most, I think, is the death of the imagination...If I sit still and don't do anything, the world goes on beating like a slack drum, without meaning. We must be moving, working, making dreams to run toward; the poverty of life without dreams is too horrible to imagine.
-Sylvia Plath

"I will have my serpent's tongue-- my woman's voice, my sexual voice, my poet's voice. I will overcome the tradition of silence."
-Gloria Anzaldua

And one day we will die
And our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see
Love to be
In the arms of all I'm keeping here with me, me
-Neutral Milk Hotel- "In The Aeroplane Over the Sea"

"Spring is still Spring. The atom bombs are piling up in the factories, the police are prowling through the cities, the lies are streaming from the loudspeakers, but the earth is still going round the sun, and neither the dictators nor the bureaucrats, deeply as they disapprove of the process, are able to prevent it."
-George Orwell

I dream a dream where man
No other man will scorn,
Where love will bless the earth
And peace its paths adorn.
-Langston Hughes- "I Dream A World"

Erin: i just got this message on myspace: dam boo u like a freak dats my type wats up?
Erin: i wrote him back: I am a freak for good spelling and grammar.

Katie: she ruined your childhood
Katie: hhaha
me: ahahahhaa
me: I'M GLAD YOU THINK THAT'S FUNNY
me: HAHA RUINED CHILDHOOD.
Katie: hahaha

Erin: oh my god
Me: I KNOW
Me: GOD I CAN'T
Erin: THAT DOESN'T COUNT
Me: I AM SO LAME.
Erin: YOU FAIL AT LIFE
Me: I KNOW.
(the context of this doesn't matter)

public urination is always a strong candidate for ridiculous.
-Nancy Schmitt

Ravi: You should've thought about that before you bit me.

It is better to receive a flower from a casual friend than a can of succotash from a hoodlum.
-Erin M. Kyles.
________________________________
About Me:
"If I abstain from fun and such,
I'll probably amount to much,
But I shall stay the way I am,
Because I do not give a damn."
-Dorothy Parker, "Observation"

I like russian writers, italian food, indian boy, american poets and french music. I'm multi-cultural like that.


It occurs to me that I'm going to have to update a lot of this stuff anyway: network, current city, relationship status, about me. I still can't figure out when would be a good time to remove my relationship status (I don't feel like seeing "Single" just yet and I don't need the pity of FB), but I guess as long as R and I are sharing a house and bed, it should stay as is. This whole situation is, at times, difficult to wrap my mind around.

No comments:

Post a Comment