Monday, May 7, 2012

101 in 1001- April update

16) Donate $100 a year to charity.
World Wildlife Fund- $16


19) Read 1 unassigned book per month.
April '12- Kim Edwards The Memory Keeper's Daughter
Every time I update this, it reminds me that I should be updating my Goodreads account. :/ Anyhow, this is a decent book. There are some plot/continuity problems that bothered me and I was continually reminded of Freedom (especially in the way the female characters and sons were written), but it wasn't a bad book. A good, quick, and distracting read.

24) Learn 1 new word a week (Plus extra April words! All words from Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov).
Puissant- having great power or influence
Zaftig- (of a woman) having a full, rounded figure; plump
Fanfaronade- arrogant or boastful talk
Apiary- a place where bees are kept; a collection of beehives
Casuist- a person who uses clever but unsound reasoning, esp. in relation to moral questions; a sophist.
Anthropophagy- the eating of human flesh by human beings

61) Start an herb garden.
I started a garden in my back yard! I'm growing lots of veggies and herbs but none of the veggies have come out yet, so for now I'm just going to cross off herbs from the list :)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment