This list started as a means of setting goals for myself and pushing myself to do things I wanted to do but didn't have energy/wherewithal for. In this year, I crossed 15 items off the list, worked on 17 and failed at 3. I didn't totally expect to achieve every goal on this list (though I HAD hoped to), but I still think that, overall, I'm doing pretty well.
2) Sing Karaoke. (June 2011)
10) Get straight A's FAIL
14) Finish my correspondence course. FAIL
16) Donate $100 a year to charity.- 2010/2011 complete
17) Get another ear piercing. (November 2010)
18) Read 10 books from the Bloom Canon.- 4 read
Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice (October 2010)
Voltaire Candide (January 2011)
Mark Twain A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (April 2011)
William James The Varieties of Religious Experience(June 2011)
19) Read 1 unassigned book per month.
July '10- Ann Patchett Run
August '10- Alice Munro Lives of Girls and Women
September '10- John Berendt Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
October '10- Stuart Berman This Book is Broken: A Broken Social Scene Story
November '10- Paule Marshall Praisesong for the Widow
December '10- Richard Yates Revolutionary Road
January '11- Neil White In the Sanctuary of Outcasts
February '11- Terry Moore Strangers in Paradise, Vol. 1
March '11- Terry Moore Strangers in Paradise, Vol. 2
April '11- Milan Kundera Slowness
(working on catching up on this one!)
23) See 26 movies I've never seen, starting with each letter of the alphabet.
A- Ajami (2009) (October 2010)
B- The Blind Side (2009) (January 2011)
D- Date Night (2010) (August 2010)
E- Effi Briest (1974) (October 2010)
F- The Fighter (2010) (May 2011)
G- The Girl on the Bridge (1999) (November 2010)
H- How to Marry a Millionaire (1953) (August 2010)
I- Inception (2010) (July 2010)
L- Louder Than Bombs (Glosniej od bomb) (2001) (September 2010)
M- Men Who Stare At Goats (2009) (July 2010)
P- Pickpocket (1959) (November 2010)
R- Raising Arizona (1987) (July 2010)
S- Storytelling (2001) (July 2010)
V- Volcano (1997) (October 2010)
24) Learn 1 new word a week.- ongoing!
26) Take all my medication exactly as directed for 2 months. (April 2011)
28) See all of these Mindfuck movies.
Jacob's Ladder (1990) (June 2011)
The Game (1997) (July 2010)
Mulholland Dr. (2001)
Donnie Darko (2001)
29) Go on a date. (November 2010)
31) Have a slumber party. (March 2011)
33) Donate blood twice a year. FAIL.
41) Go fishing (June 2011)
45) Go to at least 3 states I've never visited before.
49) Delete my Myspace, LinkedIn and OK Cupid profiles. (July 2010)
50) Go to the Christmas Eve bonfires in St. James parish. (December 2010)
52) Open a new bank account. (August 2010)
55) Cook 10 challenging dishes from celebrated chefs.
1)Devil's Chicken Thighs over Braised Leeks from Suzanne Goin's Sunday Suppers at Lucques (August 2010)
56) Cook a dish with one ingredient I've never used. (May 2011)
62) Visit 10 historical sites in New Orleans.
This may or may not include revisiting Marie Laveau's grave.
1) Preservation Hall
2) Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop
67) Learn to make 6 different cocktails from memory.
1) Pimm's Cup
70) Discover 5 new-to-me poets.
1) Dan Beachy Quick
2) Kate Daniels
73) Create an organized filing system for important documents. (October 2010)
75) Get a New Orleans library card (August 2010)
76) Take 1 really great photo to display in my home. (July 2011)
80) Update and start reusing iCal. (September 2010)
82) Pay off my Visa and find a card with lower interest rates. (May 2011)
83) Review 20 places on Yelp! and/or Urbanspoon.
Oak St. Cafe
GLUE Clothing Exchange
The Massage Emporium
PURE Yogurt Culture
Maple St. Patisserie
Little Tokyo Noodle Bar
Azalea Lakes Veterinary Clinic
85) Attend at least 1 music festival a year.
2011- Festivale International
88) Go to all the major Mardi Gras parades
Krewe du Vieux
94) Visit family graves once a year.- 2010 complete.
96) Attend 10 cultural events.
No Exit (From the Zombie Apocalypse)