Monday, March 25, 2013

Motley Monday Links

I was in Chicago last week and my life is in a bit of upheaval at the moment (more to come on that soon!), so I missed last week's links and these are...diverse. So I present to you, the motliest of the Motley Monday Links yet!



A truly incredible piece on feminism, otherness, courage, fear, and basic humanity. There's hardly a line here that I don't want to quote.

Do you know who gave the longest Oscar acceptance speech? A time limit was imposed after her win!

That snoutfair will totally gorgonize you.

A well-reasoned argument for why New Orleans should be allowed to annex parts of Jefferson Parish.

Throwback article: "I was trying to make fun of myself. I don't know if that came across.": An interview with Kim Gordon in 1991 about "Kool Thing" and the rise of Sonic Youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment