Monday, February 18, 2013

Motley Monday Links

I have a bad habit of collecting tabs in my browser. I'll never close my browser, because I have a bunch of articles open that I want to read or want to send to someone, links that interest me but not enough to bookmark.

I could save them to some sort of bookmarking website, but since I often have them open for sharing purposes anyway, I figured I might as well link them here and make it a regular feature on the blog (perhaps encouraging me to update more often as well!). Plus, we all need a little distraction from Mondays, right?

So, without further ado, here is installment 1 of Motley Monday Links.



A fascinating look at the gender politics and sociopolitical implications of Frida Kahlo's newly-revealed wardrobe.

An exploration of Virginia Woolf's work and legacy as a lexicographer (PDF file).


NPR looks at the impact of the New Orleans' Baby Dolls in time for a new museum exhibit, They Call Me Baby Doll: A Mardi Gras Tradition.

The gubment is keeping their spy cameras calibrated with creepy, but strangely awesome giant resolution charts. 

Throwback article: Revisiting Randall Munroe's take on the threats posed by the 2011 floods. You should also check out the linked John McPhee article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment